Head of Physical Performance
Mark started his career as a Physical Education teacher and still uses these teaching and coaching skills he learnt in many of his current coaching roles. Mark completed his PhD in Sport and Exercise Science at UniSC and has 30+ years of experience in various sports, including Sprint Kayak, Tennis, Swimming and Netball.
Mark is Head of Physical Performance in High-Performance Sport at UniSC and oversees all the HP Sports programs and the PPC that work in these programs.
Mark has worked with UniSC's High-Performance swimming program since its inception in 2011 and has more than two decades of experience working with elite swimmers. Mark is also the inaugural Physical Performance Coach for the Sunshine Coast Lightning Netball team based at UniSC.
Physical Performance at UniSC
- 2011-present: lead physical performance coach for the UniSC Spartans High-Performance Swimming Program
- 2016-present: lead physical performance coach for the Sunshine Coast Lightning Netball Team
- PhD DipTeach DipMan DipTDD
- Master Coach ASCA Professional Coaching Accreditation Scheme (ASCA-ML3)
- Australian Strength & Conditioning Association Level 3 Coach
- ESSA Accredited Sport Scientist Level 2 (ASpS2)
- ESSA Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP)
- ESSA Accredited Exercise Scientist (AES)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association America Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association America Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach Emeritus (RSCC*E)