Physical Performance Coach
Max began volunteering with the USC Spartans Swimming Program in 2016 after graduating with a Bachelor of Sport Science from UniSC. Max is a PhD candidate at UniSC and a Queensland Academy of Sport and Swimming Australia scholarship recipient investigating the effects of pre-race priming strategies in high-performance swimming.
Currently, Max is a Strength & Conditioning Coach – Swimming with the Queensland Academy of Sport and the Elite Pathways PPC with the Sunshine Coast Lightning. Since 2018 he has been selected as a PPC for the Australian Dolphins Paralympic Swimming Team. Away from UniSC, Max is currently the Head of Physical Performance for the Sunshine Coast Falcons Rugby League Club.
Physical Performance Coaching at UniSc
- 2022-present: Strength & Conditioning Coach – Swimming with the Queensland Academy of Sport working in the Sunshine Coast Hub, inclusive of the UniSC Spartans Swimming Program.
- 2016-present: pathways physical performance coach for the Sunshine Coast Lightning
- 2016-2021: physical performance coach for the UniSC Spartans High Performance Swimming Program
- 2018-2021: lead physical performance coach for UniSC Thunder Netball
- 2016-2021: physical performance coach for Brisbane Lions Academy
- PhD (Candidate), MHPS, BSpExSc
- Professional Coach ASCA Professional Coaching Accreditation Scheme (ASCA-PL2)
- Australian Strength & Conditioning Association Level 2 Coach
- Australian Weightlifting Federation Club Weightlifting / Sports Power Level 1 Coach