USC EVENTS & VENUES
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
The safety, security and enjoyment of all people attending, working and competing at Events and Venues is of paramount importance to USC and Event Organisers.
These Conditions set out the terms on which You may enter a Venue. By entering (or seeking to enter) a Venue You agree to comply with and be bound by these Conditions.
Please make sure You review these Conditions thoroughly. If You do not understand any part of these Conditions, please contact USC for further clarification.
USC may amend these Conditions at any stage at its absolute discretion. The most current Conditions will be displayed at entry gates of Venues. Please check the most current Conditions prior to making Your journey to a Venue.
These Conditions were last updated in August 2020.
When used in these Conditions, capitalised terms shall have the following meanings:
Accreditation means an official accreditation, including an official media accreditation, or all-access pass, that gives the Accredited Person the right to attend a particular Venue;
Accredited Person means any individual possessing, holding or using a valid Accreditation as issued to that individual by USC or an Event Organiser;
Act means the University of the Sunshine Coast Act 1998 (Qld);
Authorised Person means a person authorised as an authorised person under the Act;
Conditions means these Conditions of Entry;
COVID-19 Safety Plan means the current version of the public health unit approved USC Stadium COVID-19 Site Specific Plan;
Event means a planned public or social occasion that requires a Ticket to enter a Venue;
Event Organiser means personnel of USC, and any person or entity with responsibility for organising an element of the Event, including USC suppliers, USC partners and Venue hirers;
Pedestrian Screening Area means the area located at the Venue entry point where people and their personal possessions will be screened to ensure that they do not have any Prohibited Items and that any Restricted Items are identified;
Prohibited Item(s) means any item(s) specified as prohibited items in these Conditions that cannot be taken into a Venue;
Restricted Areas means designated spaces in which only Venue Personnel, Authorised Persons or Accredited Persons may enter. The general public is not permitted to enter these spaces. Restricted Areas, include ‘clean zones’ which satisfy the requirements of the COVID 19 Safety Plan and which may have additional conditions of entry;
Restricted Item(s) means any item(s) specified as restricted items in these Conditions that may be taken into a Venue but the use of the item is restricted;
Ticket means an official ticket that gives the Ticket Holder the right to attend a particular Event at a particular Venue;
Ticket Holder means any individual possessing, holding or using a Ticket, including (without limitation) the Ticket purchaser or any person to whom a Ticket has been issued or transferred;
USC means the University of the Sunshine Coast;
Venue means any USC location where an Event is scheduled to take place (and/or any replacement USC location to which an Event is rescheduled) and to which a Ticket or Accreditation is required to gain access, including all entrance and exit gates as well as all other official installations and areas;
Venue Personnel means personnel of USC, and any person or entity with responsibility for delivering an element of the Event, including USC suppliers, USC partners and Event Organisers, USC security personnel, Queensland Police Service, or Authorised Persons carrying out an official role or duty within or around a Venue; and
You and Your means the person admitted or seeking admittance as a spectator to a Venue.
- Admittance to Venues
- You will only be admitted to a Venue if You possess a valid Ticket or valid Accreditation which must be presented for inspection at the Venue point of entry.
- If You are a Ticket Holder, You must retain Your Ticket at all times whilst You are within a Venue. You will be required to produce Your ticket if requested by Venue Personnel.
- If You are an Accredited Person, You must have Your Accreditation visible at all times whilst You are within a Venue. You will be required to present Your Accreditation if requested by Venue Personnel.
- Persons who are under 18 years of age will only be admitted to a Venue if they are accompanied by an adult.
- Some sporting and other activities are dangerous. Entry to Venues is solely at Your own risk.
- No responsibility is taken for any loss or damage of Your personal items.
- You must wear appropriate clothing and footwear to gain entry into the Venue and Event.
- USC or Event Organisers may add, withdraw or substitute competitors or teams in an Event and/or vary advertised material, programs, prices, seating arrangements, audience capacity, the Venue (including a non-USC venue) or program times of an Event without liability to USC or the Event Organisers.
- You agree that it is a condition of entry to a Venue that You are able to answer in the affirmative in regard to all of the sub-conditions below and by accessing a Venue You expressly warrant and confirm that to be the case:
- You are not feeling unwell or experiencing signs of illness. This includes, but is not limited to fever, respiratory issues, sore throat and/or a dry cough.
- You are not awaiting COVID-19 test results for yourself, a member of your household and/or any person you have been in contact with.
- None of You, someone in your household or any person you have been in contact with has tested positive for COVID-19, and if that is not the case, You have obtained clearance or permission to leave isolation from Queensland Health.
- You are not in breach of mandatory and/or self-isolation requirements as prescribed by the Queensland Chief Health Officer.
- You have not travelled from a Queensland Chief Health Officer declared COVID-19 hot-spot within the past 14 days.
- You have not refused to provide your contact information for COVID-19 tracing purposes.
- It is a condition of entry to a Venue that you agree to USC collecting your contact information (including your name, email address, residential address, phone number, date and time of entry and exit) for the purpose of contact tracing in the event of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis as required by the Queensland Chief Health Officer’s Restrictions on Business, Activities and Undertakings Direction (No.5) (or its successor);
- If your exit time is not provided, you may be contacted by a public health officer;
- Your personal information will be stored securely, by USC and destroyed after 56 days, unless otherwise required by public health officers in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak.
- Refusal of admittance and removal from Venues
2.1 USC may refuse Your entry to any Venue and may remove or evict You from a Venue where Venue Personnel have the reasonable belief that You may cause disruption or are a risk to the safety or security of the Event or the enjoyment of the Event by others or are in breach of these Conditions.
- Restricted Areas and Field of Play
3.1 Unless You are an Accredited Person, You must not enter a designated Restricted Area, which includes the field of play at the Venue, or any area to which access is restricted, unless directed by Venue Personnel. Additional Conditions apply to enter Restricted Area(s) as prescribed within the COVID-19 Safety Plan. Failure to comply with Conditions specific to such Restricted Areas will result in a breach of the conditions of entry.
4.1 Smoking is prohibited at USC (including open air areas). The use of electronic cigarettes, otherwise known as e-cigarettes, is not permitted.
- Security checks
5.1 To enter a Venue You must submit to security screening and inspections requested by Venue Personnel. These may be carried out with the use of technical aids such as body and bag scanners. These may take place on, before or beyond the point of entry to a Venue. If You refuse to comply with any such inspections, You may be refused entry to or removed from the Venue.
5.2 CCTV equipment is installed at all Venues. Images and footage captured by this equipment will be monitored by Venue Personnel. By purchasing and/or holding a Ticket or Accreditation, You consent to USC’s use of CCTV images and footage, and to the footage and images being retained by USC and shared with relevant third party authorities for the purpose of administering the USC security program and otherwise enforcing USC’s rights under these Conditions.
- Prohibited Items and Restricted Items
6.1 The identification of Prohibited Items and Restricted Items is key to ensuring:
- people attending a Venue are safe;
- queues at Venue entry points are kept to a minimum to support efficient Venue access;
- spectator enjoyment of an Event is maximised; and
- commercial rights are protected.
6.2 Prohibited Items are not allowed to be taken into a Venue and access will not be permitted to You if You are in possession of a Prohibited Item. Prohibited Items must be disposed of prior to the Pedestrian Screening Area. USC will not provide a storage facility for Prohibited Items.
6.3 Prohibited Items include but are not limited to:
- hard sided bags of any size;
- soft sided bags in excess of 64 litres capacity (40cm x 40cm x 40cm);
- food, other than limited amounts of non-commercially branded food for personal consumption and baby food;
- any glass container;
- any open beverage container containing any liquid or a commercially sealed beverage container in excess of 600ml;
Please notethat it is important that all persons are safe and secure within Venues, but it is also imperative that people remain hydrated. No part-filled water containers will be permitted into the Venue however USC will provide free drinking water inside each Venue. Spectators will be able to bring into the Venue empty, plastic containers and drink bottles.
- alcoholic beverages;
- aerosols, creams, medicines and gels of more than 250ml;
- pets or other animals other than guide and service dogs;
- any vehicle or transportation device, including without limitation any motorcar, motorcycle, motor scooter, bicycle, segway, scooter, skateboard, roller skates or roller blades, with the exception of wheelchairs or mobility scooters where required in connection with a disability, impairment or injury;
- chairs or similar items that may be used, or which is intended to support or capable of supporting the weight of a person (other than walking aids where required as a result of a disability, impairment or injury);
- radio scanners, walkie talkies, personal wireless access points, radio frequency jamming devices or any other device which may affect equipment used by Venue Personnel and/or other persons engaged in the management or operation of the Event;
- strobe lights, laser pointers, and similar light emitting devices;
- remote controlled devices;
- illegal drugs or substances similar to illegal drugs;
- any item or substance capable of being used as an offensive weapon, including any type of firearm, projectile or firearms ammunition;
- any object, device, substance or item which may affect the safety of spectators or participants in any session or other persons at the Venue, damage property including (without limitation) spray paint, be used to protest within/around a Venue or interfere with the comfort and/or enjoyment of persons at the Venue;
- fireworks, flares, pyrotechnics, smoke canisters or similar;
- hazardous substances including powders, pastes, chemicals, irritants, toxic substances and gas canisters;
- any type of knife or bladed item, including pocket-knife, offensive weapon or implements such as extendable batons, or any items modified into weapons or replica or imitation weapons;
- items which appear to be Prohibited Items, for example replica firearms or hoax improvised explosive devices;
- inappropriately messaged clothing, banners, posters or material of any kind displaying inappropriate political and/or religious images/writing, offensive race related messages, slogans or images, or offensive slogans or images as deemed by Venue Personnel in their sole discretion;
- any objects bearing trademarks or other kinds of promotional signs and messages (of whatever nature) which USC believes are for promotional or ambush marketing purposes;
- articles a person could distribute, hawk, sell, offer for sale or display for marketing, promotional or commercial purposes, without the prior written approval of an Authorised Person;
- any item which is too large to fit comfortably under a spectator seat or is likely to present a threat to safety in the event of an evacuation, or any item that is too large to be electronically screened at the Venue point of entry;
- any flag sticks or poles measuring over 1.5 metres in length and not made of soft plastic; and
- any other item that an Authorised Person considers dangerous, hazardous and/or illegal or that may be used as a weapon or missile or that may compromise or otherwise interfere with the safety or enjoyment of (or pose a hazard to) any person (including security) at the Venue.
6.4 Restricted Items may be taken into a Venue but may not be used in any way that negatively impacts on the safety, security or comfort of others. You may be removed or evicted from the Venue if You do not comply with the direction of Venue Personnel with regards to the use of a Restricted Item.
6.5 Restricted Items will not be permitted to be used in indoor events/areas and include, but are not limited to:
- large photographic and/or broadcast equipment over 30cm in length, including tripods and monopods and ‘selfie’ sticks;
- oversized hats;
- noise making devices;
- banners and flag poles; and flags larger than 1.5 square meters;
- personal mobility devices, mobility aids and wheelchairs. These cannot be taken into the seating areas of the Venue unless You are in possession of a Ticket assigned to a wheelchair position or the device/aid can be easily stored under Your seat. These items can however be stored within each Venue. To store an item, speak to Venue Personnel;
- strollers or pushchairs. These cannot be taken into a seated area or any other area specified by Venue Personnel. Designated areas will be available at Venues for the storage of strollers or pushchairs. To store an item, speak to Venue Personnel.
- Prohibited activities
7.1 You must not undertake, allow or procure the undertaking of any of the following activities in a Venue or within the vicinity of a Venue:
- threatening behaviour and/or the use of foul or abusive language;
- behaviour(s) which are not compliant with the COVID-19 Safety Plan. This includes, but is not limited to breaches in social distancing, poor personal hygiene and/or entering Restricted Areas which pose a safety risk to You and/or others;
- religious, racial, sectarian, political, homophobic or discriminatory abuse or chanting;
- the taking of illegal drugs or substances similar to illegal drugs;
- any criminal activity, including fraud, illegal gambling, theft or breaches in health directives prescribed by the Queensland Chief Health Officer;
- activities constituting a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person;
- standing in seated viewing areas;
- making or receiving telephone calls during an Event where quiet is required at the start of or during a session;
- utilising a seat other than that allocated to You on Your Ticket, unless otherwise instructed by Venue Personnel;
- posting, sticking or placing, or attempting to post, stick or place, any poster, placard, bill, banner, print, paper or any advertising material on any building, seat, structure, fence, tree or cordon within or within the vicinity of a Venue;
- distributing, displaying or using any advertising or promotional material, matter or thing (including printed or electronic matter or samples);
- distributing, hawking, selling, or offering or exposing for sale any goods or services, or collecting money or orders for goods and services;
- misusing, tampering with, removing, damaging or defacing in any manner any property in a Venue;
- blocking any thoroughfare including without limitation any stairs, steps, aisle, gangway, overpass, underpass, pontoon, bridge, passage, entry or exit;
- throwing or attempting to throw any object;
- disrupting, interrupting or behaving in any manner that may disrupt or interrupt any session, event or activity, or distracting, hindering or interfering with an athlete, official, Venue Personnel, or interfering with the comfort of other persons or their enjoyment;
- restricting the view of other persons by raising umbrellas or other items within the spectator viewing areas;
- starting or attempting to start a fire;
- interfering with, obstructing or hindering Venue Personnel in the exercise of their powers, functions or duties;
- operating or using a loud hailer, public address system or other broadcast device;
- conducting public surveys or opinion polls, soliciting money, donations or subscriptions from members of the public without the prior written approval of an Authorised Person;
- conducting entertainment without the prior written approval of an Authorised Person;
- inflating or causing to inflate any balloon, receptacle, device or structure without the prior written approval of an Authorised Person;
- betting or gambling; and
- collecting, using or transmitting of any scores, results or related statistics or data for any commercial, betting or gambling purpose.
- Photo and video content
8.1 If You are a Ticket Holder, or an Accredited Person without an official media Accreditation, or an Accredited Person without the prior written approval of USC, You may capture, record and/or transmit photographs and/or data taken within Venues including by sharing such photographs and/or data on social media and the internet provided such capture, recording or transmission is made solely for Your personal, private, non-commercial and non-promotional purposes.
8.2 If You are a Ticket Holder, or an Accredited Person without an official media Accreditation, or an Accredited Person without the prior written approval of USC, You may capture, record and/or transmit audio or video taken from Venues, solely for Your personal, private, non-commercial and non-promotional purposes, but You may not license, broadcast and/or publish any such video and/or sound recordings to any public platform including any social media platforms or the internet.
8.3 If You are an Accredited Person with an official media Accreditation or You are an Accredited Person with the prior written approval of USC, You may capture, record and/or transmit photographs and/or data, and audio or video taken within Venues for any purpose including for commercial and promotional purposes.
8.4 You acknowledge and agree that USC may use, reproduce and disclose audio, video or photographs of You for use in promotional and marketing materials, publications and/or on its website and other social media platforms. You acknowledge and accept that You are not entitled to any payment for USC’s use of Your audio recording, video images or photographs.
9.1 When attending a Venue You agree to strictly comply with all reasonable directions and procedures including those relating to security, the COVID-19 Safety Plan and workplace health and safety which are in effect at the Venue and will comply with the Act and any policies, rules or statutes promulgated by USC including but not limited to, the Conduct on University Premises – Managerial Policy, Parking – Managerial Policy and the Conditions of Parking as varied or replaced.
9.2 If USC delays or fails to enforce any rights afforded by these Conditions, it shall not mean that it has waived its right to do so at any subsequent time.
9.3 If any part of these Conditions is deemed by a court to be unenforceable, the remainder of these Conditions shall not be affected.
9.4 These Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of Queensland. The parties hereby submit themselves to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Queensland.