Kirsty Stafford is a Lecturer in Occupational Therapy – Clinical Education.
Kirsty is an experienced clinical Occupational Therapist, she has worked across NSW and QLD in Sydney, Snowy Mountains, Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. Most recently Kirsty spent 13 years in QLD health working in Acute, Sub Acute and Community Care. As the Occupational Therapy Clinical Lead for Surgical and Emergency, Kirsty has developed a broad range of advanced generalist and specialist skills as well as a passion for supporting Occupational Therapists to grow and develop not only their own clinical skills sets, also their services to improve the quality of access and care for their clients and patients. Kirsty’s special interest areas include; Trauma and Critical Care, Hand Therapy, Neurology and Rehabilitation.
Kirsty is passionate about teaching and learning in the development of both clinical skill sets and personal/professional skills. Kirsty brings a breadth of experience to her teaching with a pre-hospital care training background working in Outdoor Education and Wilderness Medicine education for 10 years prior to completing her Masters in Occupational Therapy at the University of Sydney. Kirsty has a special interest in simulation based learning with her main teaching focus is to facilitate high levels of competency and professionalism for Occupational Therapy students in readiness for professional practice.
- AHPRA OCC0001746674
- Australian Hand Therapy Association - Associate Member
- Occupational Therapy Australia - Member
- Award for Excellence - Minor Head Injuries Pathway - SCHHS
- Award for Excellence in People Centred Care – Hand and Upper Limb Injury Pathway
- Award for Excellence in People Centred Care – Primary Care Fracture Clinic
- Award for Excellence in People Centred Care – SCUH ED MultiDisciplineTeam
Professional Social Media
- Occupational Therapy
- Clinical Practice Education