Business decisions require consideration of the taxation implications. This course is designed to provide you with the ability to interpret and apply taxation legislation, judicial interpretations and policy, and taxation practice. This is a key course if you wish to pursue a career in professional accounting. Topics include the background, sources, functions and objectives of the Australian tax system, income, deductions, trading stock, CGT, FBT, GST, administration of taxation law, offsets, rates and levies, superannuation, taxation entities and other relevant and current taxation issues.
- BUS503 and enrolled in any PGRD Program
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- South Bank: Not Currently Offered
- Student contribution band
- Band 4B
- Tuition fee
- 1.4B: Accounting, Business, Law, Economics, Management
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.