All land-based structures are founded on soil or rock. You will learn about the composition of soils and their behaviour when subjected to forces or displacements. You will assess soil properties and behaviour, applying the relevant theory. This includes identifying and classifying rocks and soils and examining the stresses that exist within a soil mass, soil deformation under loading, and peculiarities of local soils. It is a practical problem-based learning course where you work individually and in groups to advance your skills and knowledge.
- Must be enrolled in Program SC404, SC405, SC410, SC411, SC425 or AB101
- CIV2403 or ENG312
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.