Introduction to Criminology is concerned with the basic elements of the discipline of criminology. It provides a set of stepping stones to more advanced courses in the field, as well as providing interested students with a general overview. The course makes use of a wide range of case studies, as well as different types of statistical sources, to provide a picture of crime dimensions and trends in Australia and internationally. It also introduces students to issues of definition and measurement, theories of crime causation, and responses to crime in the areas of criminal justice and prevention.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Online: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4D
- Tuition fee
- 1.4D: Human Society, Society & Culture, Sport & Recreation
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.