This course builds knowledge and skills for working effectively with victims and offenders in the criminal justice system. You will learn about trauma and the impacts of crime, challenges faced by victims in the criminal justice system, and support needs. You will also learn key skills in offender rehabilitation including assessment and treatment planning. Relevant professional and ethical considerations are also addressed. This course is taught as an intensive workshop, held across five days in Orientation Week, plus three extra tutorials during semester, linked to assessment preparation.
- Enrolled in Program AB316, AR325, AR374, AR362, AR363, AR364, AR316 or AR396 and completed 96 units
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Online: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4D
- Tuition fee
- 1.4D: Human Society, Society & Culture, Sport & Recreation
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.