This course introduces you to various research theories and methodologies within education. Through analysis of research scholarship and published research papers, you will critically investigate various qualitative, quantitative and mixed-method approaches to research, and their underpinning ontological and epistemological assumptions. Through oral and written assessment, you will demonstrate a critical understanding of the interplay amongst research theory, epistemology, and methodology and research methods to prepare you to write a research project proposal.
- Enrolled in Program ED511, ED705 or ED802
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Online: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- 2.1: Mathematics, Education, Language, Literature, Clinical Psych
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.