This course is designed to develop your knowledge and understanding of the role of the teacher and how the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST) supports the growth of your professional knowledge, practice and engagement. You will be introduced to effective communication skills and strategies that enable engagement of the learner and engagement with the school community. You will also undertake a 10 day Supervised Professional Experience (SPE) in a primary school where you will have opportunities to observe, apply and reflect on effective teaching and professional obligations.
- Enrolled in Program AB101, ED304, ED306, UU301, UU302 or XU301
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Caboolture: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Fraser Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Gympie: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band IA
- Tuition fee
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.