Work with primary school-aged children
Is your goal to work in primary schools? This diploma teaches you the skills and knowledge you need to work with primary school-aged children as a teacher aide, learning support officer or in after-school care. In the process, you’ll learn how to develop positive relationships that promote children’s sense of agency, safety and wellbeing.
- ^Online with mandatory onsite requirements available from Semester 1, 2022.
- Student profile
Explore the likely peer cohort in the student profile data
In this program you will:
- Develop specialised knowledge and skills for employment with school-aged children age in school and out-of-school care contexts
- Learn how to design creative, intentional teaching practices using language, play and cooperation
- Learn about child development, curriculum development, diversity and inclusion, and relevant legislation and guidelines
- Complete 40 days of professional experience placement with school-aged children
Following successful completion of the Diploma of Education Studies (Primary), you may be eligible for credit into the Bachelor of Primary Education. (Note: you must meet all entry requirements for Bachelor of Primary Education to receive an offer for that program.)
Employment in schools as a teacher aide, teacher educator, learning support or working with children in Outside School Hours Care.
Students must have a Working with Children Check (Blue Card), or link their existing Blue Card to USC, prior to commencing a professional experience placement.
^Online with mandatory onsite requirements available from Semester 1, 2022.
What will I study?
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your program structure and study sequence.
The study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students MUST follow their commencing structure and use this study sequence to guide enrolment.