In this course you develop foundational knowledge and understanding of the developmental nature of English learning for early childhood and primary students. You will investigate and come to understand the Australian Curriculum: English document and website and associated terminology. You will use this knowledge to select appropriate literary texts, and teaching and assessment strategies that respond to learning English at different ages and stages. You will also specifically learn how to teach English at text, word and sentence level according to national and state curriculum frameworks.
- Enrolled in Program ED010, ED011, ED102, ED303, ED304 or ED306
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Fraser Coast: Semester 2
- Online: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- 2.1: Mathematics, Education, Language, Literature, Clinical Psych
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.