This is your opportunity to explore and develop your scientific knowledge on K'gari-Fraser Island, the world’s largest sand island & an iconic national park. The island is a globally significant example of geological processes and biological evolution and is World Heritage listed. The island has the most complete age sequence of any dune system in the world and many unique ecosystems that thrive upon these sands. In this course you will examine soil, water, plant, and animal systems and processes on & around Fraser Island. Extra costs for the field trip (for example cost of meals) will be at your expense.
- Course Coordinator consent required and SCI110
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Session 8
- Moreton Bay: Session 8
- Fraser Coast: Session 8
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.