This course will develop your knowledge of the life course perspective, which is a culturally appropriate approach to Indigenous wellbeing across the lifespan. It will also explore what culturally safe practice means at both an individual practitioner and health organisation level. You will also learn how to draw from a life course perspective and incorporate cultural safety to apply a comprehensive primary health care approach to address Indigenous wellbeing, with a particular focus on Indigenous-community controlled models of healthcare.
- HLT150 or SCS130 or OCC102
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2A
- Tuition fee
- 2.2A: Computing, Built Environment, Other Health
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.