The course introduces you to the elements of real and personal property law in Australia, and develops your skills in finding, interpreting and applying cases and legislation. The course covers the concept, purpose and categories of property; the interface between contractual and property rights; real and personal property and fixtures; present and future freehold interests; leases; native title; possession as a source of title; introduction to the Torrens system of registration; modes of creating and transferring property rights in law and equity; equitable interests; co-ownership.
- LAW102 and enrolled in any Law Program or AB101, UU301, UU302 or XU301
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 4B
- Tuition fee
- 1.4B: Accounting, Business, Law, Economics, Management
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.