This course introduces you to the fundamental concepts of criminal law including the principles of onus and standard of proof; physical and fault elements; and strict and absolute liability. You will examine a range of criminal offences including fatal offences, non-fatal offences, sexual offences, property-related and financial offences, drug offences, traffic offences and public order offences. You will consider the role and availability of numerous defences and excuses, including provocation, self-defence, diminished responsibility, intoxication, accident and mistake of fact.
- Enrolled in any Law Program or AR013 or AB101.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 4B
- Tuition fee
- 1.4B: Accounting, Business, Law, Economics, Management
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.