This course introduces you to fundamental concepts of criminal law. You will examine some of the most serious offences—murder, manslaughter, sexual assault and assault—and some of the most common, such as drug, traffic and public order offences. While the primary focus will be Queensland law, you will also consider some Commonwealth offences. The course will assist you to understand the role and operation of the criminal law and criminal justice system, acquire knowledge of some of its major rules, and develop skills to critically evaluate its effectiveness.
- Enrolled in any Law Program or AB101, UU301, UU302 or XU301
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 3
- Tuition fee
- Law, Accounting, Administration, Economics, Commerce:
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.