This course builds on doctrines encountered in contracts, property and corporate and partnership law and assumes familiarity with them. You consider how and why equity developed; essential concepts and doctrines including fiduciary relationships and breach of confidence along with third party liability and equitable remedies. Trusts are equity's contribution to the law of property and their versatility means they remain important for estate planning, commercial and charitable purposes. You consider types of trusts, their creation and rights and obligations that follow from trusteeship.
- LAW204 and enrolled in any Law Program or AB101, XU301, UU302 or UU301
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 3
- Tuition fee
- Law, Accounting, Administration, Economics, Commerce:
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.