Sports Law concerns legal issues arising out of sporting activity. It examines the relevance and application of various legal rules to the ownership, management, conduct, promotion, broadcast and the activities of participants in professional and amateur sport. You will consider a range of laws as they apply to sporting activity, including those in the areas of Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, Intellectual Property, Trade and Competition Law, Evidence, Administrative Law, Anti-Discrimination Law, Company Law, Consumer Law, International Law and the application of law to children.
- LAW104 and LAW202 and enrolled in any Law Program or UU301 or XU301
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Student contribution band
- Band 3
- Tuition fee
- Law, Accounting, Administration, Economics, Commerce:
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.