This course will introduce you the principles and key concepts of bioinformatics and will start with basics about DNA, RNA and protein, then progress to databases, sequence alignments, evolutionary history reconstruction, genome annotation, and analysis of gene and protein expression. Systems biology, linux system and programming will also be introduced. Computer-based labs will provide you hands-on experience with databases and bioinformatics tools, and develop your skills in the analysis of biological data.
- LFS252 or SCI212 or BIM202
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.