In this course you will develop creative and critical thinking, and ethical decision making skills through the lens of medical law and ethics. The course describes the sources of Australian law (common and civil), outlines the Australian court system and tribunals, and discusses the interpretation of law (cases and statute), in particular focussing on the application of legal principles to medical practice and health care. The interface between ethics and law is explored, with a focus on appropriate practice by medical professionals to maintain the health and well-being of their clients.
- PUB112 and enrolled in Program SC385
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Not Currently Offered
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.