In this course you will develop communication skills that will prepare you for entry into a graduate medical program. The course will enable you to analyse and reflect on recommended techniques and strategies for communicating with patients of different ages and diverse clinical and ethnic backgrounds. You will develop and apply patient-centred communication skills that are essential for providing adequate medical care. Classes are highly interactive, and process orientated, providing you with an opportunity to engage in self-inquiry and review your application of skills of effective communication for medicine.
- Completed 144 units and enrolled in SC385
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast Health Institute: Session 7
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.