This course will provide you with the foundational knowledge and practical skills that are required to study medical science at university. You are introduced to the sub-disciplines of medical science; analytical methods and instrumentation used in medical science laboratories; specimen collection and processing; laboratory safety and regulations; quality management in the laboratory; clinical interpretation of laboratory test results; scientific report writing; and professional ethics and confidentiality. Applied laboratory mathematics and statistical tests are also covered in the course.
- Enrolled in Program AB101, SC211, SC355,SC357, SC385, SC201,SC301, UU301, UU302 or XU301
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 3
- Tuition fee
- Dentistry, Medicine, Veterinary Science:
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.