This course provides an introduction to haematology, an area of general pathology that is concerned with diseases that affect the blood, such as blood clotting disorders, anaemias, lymphomas, leukaemias and haemoglobinopathies. Blood transfusion and bone marrow transplantation will also be discussed during the course. Competencies in haematological techniques conducted in pathology laboratories including full blood count, microscopy and the review of blood films, white cell differential counts, staining methods for microscopy, blood grouping and coagulation tests will be assessed.
- Enrolled in Program SC385, SC211, SC357 or SC355
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.