In this course, you will study the foundations of songwriting, live sound, and staged performance. You will be guided by lecturers and industry practitioners as you engage in the basics of lyrics writing, harmony, melody, and musical form. You will apply these skills in a number of music performance tasks including live recording, live sound, stage presence, performance practice and collaborative music making. This knowledge will culminate in a live performance and recording of your original song.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- Clinical Psych, Foreign Languages, Visual & Performing Arts:
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.