This course provides opportunity to examine in depth contemporary approaches to care of the infant. Essential to your understanding is an appreciation of social, political and healthcare trends in neonatal and infant care. You will examine the psycho-social, emotional and cultural factors influencing the health and wellbeing of infants and their families. An in-depth and specific focus on infant feeding, specifically advanced breastfeeding knowledge and skills will be embedded throughout this course, including specific issues for infants with complex health needs.
- Enrolled in Program SC546, SC721, SC723, SC740, SC540, SC505 or SC742
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Online: Not Currently Offered
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- 3.1: Nursing, Midwifery, Foreign Languages
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.