Take your nursing practice to the next level.
This program will empower you to shape the future development and delivery of health care services. You’ll develop your clinical specialisation in Community and Primary Health Care, Clinical Practice Education, Paediatric Care or Mental Health, or tailor your studies to suit your career goals.
- Program coordinator
- Associate Professor Lauren Kearney
This flexible program can be completed entirely online (subject to course availability), or as a combination of online and on-campus learning options.
Progress on to the Master of Nursing (Clinical Leadership) to cement your place as a health care leader.
In this program you will:
• Advance your knowledge and understanding in an area of health research or practice.
• Prepare yourself for clinical leadership and advanced practice roles.
• Have the option to finish in one semester, in the four-elective path.
Graduates will extend their career pathways in leadership, clinical education and clinical practice roles.
• AQF Level 7 Bachelor of Nursing award
• Applicants who are Registered Nurses registered with AHPRA who do not have a Bachelor qualification may be considered for admission based on extensive industry experience.
Graduates may apply for membership with eligible clinical nursing organisations.
Required courses (4) 48 units
Select a 4 course specialisation (48 units) from:
For students enrolled in Semester 2, 2020 as part of the Australian Government's COVID-19 online short course initiative:
Select 4 courses from the following list:
NUR704 Leadership in Clinical Practice
NUR708 Learning and Teaching in the Practice Environment
NUR709 Professional Internship
NUR713 Independent Study
NUR722 Assessment in Mental Health
NUR740 Neonatal, Paediatric and Child Health Care
NUR751 Advanced Health Assessment
Note: Program structures are subject to change. Not all USC courses are available on every USC campus.
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 48 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- Complete a listed specialisation* in Clinical Studies, Community and Primary Health, Mental Health, Paediatric Care or Practice Education
- *Specialisations may only be available to students studying part-time, depending on course availability each year