This course examines the epidemiology of trauma across the lifespan and trends in injury in Australia and internationally. You will analyse the effect that legislation, education and engineering interventions have had on reducing injury in Australia, and will investigate the role of paramedics in injury surveillance and injury prevention. This course will develop the knowledge, critical thinking and technical skills required to respond safely to a request for service, undertake assessment of the environment and the patient/s, and initiate out-of-hospital emergency care.
- PAR211 and enrolled in Program SC395 or SC306
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2A
- Tuition fee
- 2.2A: Computing, Built Environment, Other Health
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.