This course prepares you for your first laboratory job or the start of Honours research. You develop advanced laboratory skills, including competency in executing analyses of chemical and environmental samples with specific emphasis on valid sampling, data integrity, instrument operation and laboratory safety. You learn sample preparation, possible interferences, instrument requirements, maintenance and troubleshooting. Techniques and instrumentation include Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy, Gas Chromatography, High Performance Liquid Chromatography, Mass Spectroscopy and NMR.
- Course Coordinator Consent Required and SCI105
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.