Biochemistry, the chemistry of life, is fundamental to the biomedical sciences, biotechnology, sports science, nutrition and dietetics, amongst others. This course focuses on principles and concepts relating to metabolic pathways. You gain understanding of the main biomolecules that are important to cellular structure and function. You learn how to analyse and interpret fundamental metabolic pathways, and apply your understanding to unfamiliar situations, using real world examples of biochemistry.
- SCI105 and (LFS100 or LFS103)
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.