In this course, you will examine the importance of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies for teachers. You will examine contemporary cultures and lifestyles, languages, demography, and current policies. You will also examine history and its ongoing effects, including frontier conflict and dispossession, 'Living Under the Act', Stolen Generations and assimilation, struggles for rights and recognition, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander voices and stories. You will also reflect on engagement with families and community, anti-racism and reconciliation.
- Enrolled in Program AE304, ED303, ED304, ED315, SE303, AB101, UU301, UU302 or XU301
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Fraser Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4C
- Tuition fee
- 1.4C: History, Indigenous Studies, Legal, Just and Law Enfor nec
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.