This course equips you with the knowledge and skills you need to evaluate, conduct and commission social research. In order to understand how social data are produced and analysed, the connections between theoretical orientations, methodology and methods of social research are explored. You will examine and also apply popular research methods and develop and evaluate a research proposal. Controversial debates concerning ethics, the relationship of science to social research, issues of validity, and research with minorities are also examined.
- Any 2 courses or enrolled in Program UU301, XU301, AR707 or AR708
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- Behavioural Science, Social Studies:
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.