This course equips you with the knowledge and skills you need to evaluate, conduct and commission social research. In order to understand how social data are produced and analysed, the connections between theoretical orientations, methodology and methods of social research are explored. You will examine and also apply popular research methods and develop and evaluate a research proposal. Controversial debates concerning ethics, the relationship of science to social research, issues of validity, and research with minorities are also examined.
- Any 2 courses or enrolled in Program AR707 or AR708
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Fraser Coast: Semester 2
- Online: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4A
- Tuition fee
- 1.4A: Social Work, Counselling, Welfare Std, Human Welf nec 0905XX
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.