Professionals in many fields are required to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and multicultural communities demonstrating professional values and principles. Students will develop relevant knowledge to analyse historical contexts, and contemporary social and political issues impacting on the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Students will also develop knowledge to engage with multicultural communities. They will learn skills for culturally responsive practice to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and in cross-cultural contexts.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Fraser Coast: Semester 2
- Online: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4A
- Tuition fee
- 1.4A: Social Work, Counselling, Welfare Std, Human Welf nec 0905XX
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.