Attitudes to, and understanding of people with disabilities have changed over time. This course looks at the provision of services and support for people with disabilities. It examines the cultural and philosophical approaches to understanding, and providing for the care. Normalisation; human rights; economic; mutual obligation models; instrumentalities for people with disabilities, and ethical considerations in quality are also explored. The application of these to decisions about professional interventions, strategies and service standards are examined.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Fraser Coast: Semester 1
- Online: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4A
- Tuition fee
- 1.4A: Social Work, Counselling, Welfare Std, Human Welf nec 0905XX
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.