Critical thinking is vital for university students as it is the process by which we collect and evaluate evidence to reach rational, informed and ethical conclusions. Using the framework of the sociological imagination, students will investigate contentious issues in contemporary society. You will learn how to debate topics based on fact and logic and to develop respectful, cogent and informed arguments. You will learn how to think, not what to think, but to consider the daily decisions you make and how they shape the world.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Gympie: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Tuition fee
- Behavioural Science, Social Studies:
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.