Assessable qualifications include:
- health care qualifications such as enrolled or registered nursing, dental therapist or assistant, and veterinary nursing training
- completed apprenticeships and traineeships
- completed Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Certificate III, Certificate IV or Diploma
- police, fire, mercantile marine, civil aviation and Defence Force ranks
- creative arts qualifications in the areas of music, dance, speech and drama
- language qualifications such as translation and interpreting, or language proficiency
- membership of professional associations for which qualifying examinations were undertaken
Required documentation for application:
- Australian nursing/health care qualifications achieved through hospital based or registration body training and/or any overseas nursing/health qualifications:
Certificate of registration from relevant governing body.
- Australian nursing/health care qualifications achieved as academic qualifications (AQF qualification eg certificate III, diploma, etc):
Academic transcript showing all subjects undertaken, results (including fails), key to the grading system, name of award and proof of award/completion from your registered training provider.
- Music, dance, speech and drama qualifications:
Completion certificate. Note: for AMEB (Australian Music Examinations Board) grade 7 or 8 qualifications a theory certificate may also be required.
Language qualifications (translating and interpreting or language proficiency, membership of professional associations for which qualifying examinations were undertaken):
Official award completion certificate
- Fire or ambulance service:
A letter or certificate of service from your supervisor/personnel officer/commanding officer giving length of service and occupation.
- Police service:
Certificate of Service that states rank on discharge and dates of service.
- Merchant Marine:
Certificate of competency.
- Civil aviation, commercial pilot’s licence:
- Defence forces:
Documentation needs to identify rank(s) achieved, division(s) worked in and length and dates of services for each rank. Note: Certificate of Enlistment is not sufficient.
Please provide one of the following:
- A full PMKeyS statement containing a complete service record which is available to serving members of the Armed Forces. The statement contains current rank, date of enlistment, length of service, current occupation, posting and promotion history. (You can blank out any personal information like home address and next of kin, before submitting a copy of the document.) or
- A letter from your supervisor/personnel officer/commanding officer giving rank, length of service, and, if possible, occupation. or
Certificate of Service which states rank on discharge and dates of service.
- More information