Destination Australia Cheung Kong Exchange Program
Funded by the Department of Education and Training and Cheung Kong Group, this scholarship offers a single payment of $6,000 to support Australian and international undergraduate students to participate in educational exchange between undergraduate students in Australia and Asia.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be an Australian citizen, an enrolled full time undergraduate student at University of the Sunshine Coast, or
- an international student nominated by eligible partner universities, enrolled in full time undergraduate exchange at the University of the Sunshine Coast
- have not received Destination Australia Cheung Kong funding previously
Students will be invited to apply for the relevant grant following confirmation from Global Mobility of your place on exchange for the relevant study period.
Applications are currently closed.
New Colombo Plan (NCP) Mobility Grants
The New Colombo Plan Mobility Program provides opportunities for Australian undergraduate university students to participate in semester-based or short-term study in the Indo-Pacific region. The funding awarded to UniSC is granted for specific study opportunities in nominated countries known as Mobility Projects.
There are strict eligibility criteria for the New Colombo Plan Mobility Grants. To be eligible, you must:
- be an Australian citizen. You cannot receive a mobility grant to undertake a Mobility Project in a Host Location in which you have dual citizenship or residency rights;
- be enrolled in an on-shore campus of an Australian University i.e. UniSC, throughout the duration of the Mobility Project;
- be undertaking a Bachelor Degree or Bachelor Honours Degree at the commencement of your Mobility Project;
- normally be between 18 and 28 years of age at the commencement of your Mobility Project (excluding indigenous students);
- not have already commenced a period of overseas study in the same Host Location as the Mobility Project; and
- not receive more than one short-term and one semester NCP mobility grant (with or without an internship) during your Australian course of study.
- be applying to study at an approved exchange program with a UniSC exchange partner institution located in Japan or South Korea.
Students will be automatically considered for an NCP semester-based grant when applying to study at an eligible partner institution via the Study Overseas program. If you are nominated to go on exchange to one of the eligible countries, you will be assessed for the NCP grant automatically. Your average grades and the number of grants available will also be considered.
NCP semester-based mobility grants conclude June 2024.
OS-HELP is a Commonwealth Government loan program that provides financial assistance to eligible students wishing to undertake part of their Commonwealth Supported program overseas.
In 2023, the maximum students can borrow for a six-month study period is:
- A$7,348 for non-Asian countries
- A$8,817 for Asian countries
- A$1,172 supplementary amount for Asian language study to assist students to prepare for overseas study in Asia. For more information on Asian language study loans refer to UniSC's guidelines for OS-HELP assistance