Win an incredible, all-inclusive trip for two to awe-inspiring K’gari!
The winner will receive a Fraser Plus Adventure package valued at $1,240, which includes:
- 3 nights’ accommodation for two people at Wallum Resort Hotel (Kingfisher Bay Resort)
- Return passenger ferries
- Hot breakfast daily
- 4WD beauty spots tour that includes morning tea and buffet lunch
Register now to be in the draw!
Terms and conditions
- The University of the Sunshine Coast ABN 28 441 859 157 (UniSC) located at UniSC Sippy Downs (90 Sippy Downs Drive, Sippy Downs QLD 4556) is the Promoter.
- The Promoter is running the “UniSC Open Day 2023 Competition” (the Competition) in respect of the Sunshine Coast campus Open Day on 16 July 2023, and the Moreton Bay Campus Open Day on 23 July 2023.
- Entry into the Competition will be deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition without notice for any event that is outside of the Promoter’s reasonable control. Any changes to, or cancellation of, the Competition will be posted on the Promoter’s website (www.usc.edu.au). It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any such changes.
- If, due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the integrity or administration of the Competition is adversely affected, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion:
- to disqualify any participant; or
- to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to the Competition, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to change these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter may use any personal information that an entrant provides with their entry for the purposes of the Competition, and for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used in compliance with the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld), and as per the Promoter’s Information Management Framework - Governing Policy.
- The Promoter may use, reproduce and disclose photographs of entrants for use in promotional and marketing materials, publications and/or on its website and other social media platforms. Entrants acknowledge and accept that they are not entitled to any payment for the Promoter’s use of their image.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland. If any of these Terms and Conditions are or become invalid, at the Promoter’s option, the relevant part is severed, and doesn’t affect the validity of the remaining parts.
- Any questions or concerns arising in relation to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions may be raised by emailing the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Liability and Indemnity
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by a winner or participant; or
- use of the Prize.
- Each participant indemnifies and keeps indemnified the Promoter against all claims, losses, damages and expenses suffered by the Promoter or any third parties arising out of the breach of these Terms and Conditions by the participant, the conduct of the participant in the Competition or the use of the
- Entry to the Competition opens at 9am AEST on 5 June 2023 and ends on 23 July 2023 AEST.
- Entry into the Competition is by one of the following:
- Completion and submission of the UniSC Open Day registration form online ;
- Completion and submission of an electronic entry form at check-in at either the Sunshine Coast Campus or Moreton Bay Campus Open Day; or
- Completion and submission of an electronic entry form at the K’gari display at the Sunshine Coast Campus or Moreton Bay Campus Open Day.
Participants may submit up to three (3) entries to the Competition in any combination of the methods at (a) to (c) above. Any more than three (3) entries will not be counted.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter the Competition:
- staff members of the Promoter
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- No responsibility is taken by the Promoter for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- There is no fee to enter the Competition, but entrants are responsible for all the costs associated with preparing their entry.
- By entering the Competition, entrants hereby warrant that all information submitted in an entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time to verify the validity of entries and the eligibility of participants (including a participant’s identity) and to disqualify any participant or participating team who:
- tamper with the entry process; or
- do not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Competition draw will take place on 26 July 2023 (Competition Day).
Judging and Prize
- The participating individuals selected via a random draw on Competition Day will be awarded a prize (Prize) consisting of an adventure holiday package at the Kingfisher Bay Resort at K’gari to the approximate value of one thousand two hundred and forty dollars ($1,240.00) to include:
- A three (3) night stay for two (2) people at accommodation in a Wallum Resort Hotel room at Kingfisher Bay Resort;
- Return passenger ferry transport for two (2) people from Hervey Bay to K’gari;
- Hot breakfast daily for two (2) people; and
- A 4WD tour to Lake McKenzie, Maheno Shipwreck, and Eli Creek inclusive of morning tea and lunch.
The Prize will be provided as an accommodation voucher and will be subject to the Kingfisher Bay Resort standard terms and conditions.
- The Prize will be awarded to the winning Competition participants at the conclusion of the Competition Day. Prize winners must provide their contact details including name, email and phone number in order to receive the Prize. Prize winner personal information will be managed by UniSC as described in these Terms and Conditions.
- The Prize cannot be exchanged and is non-transferable.
- If the Prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of similar value and/or specification.
- The Promoter’s decision as to the Prize winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the outcome of the Competition or otherwise.
- The Promoter is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of the Prize. Any costs incurred by the winning individuals as a result of cancellation, delay or rescheduling (including accommodation costs) are the responsibility of the winning individuals. The Promoter makes no representations about the safety, conduct or conditions associated with the Prize.
- If a Prize is provided by a third party, it is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party, which prevail over these Terms and Conditions to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the Prize, or otherwise concerning the Prize itself.
- The Promoter may, but is not obliged, to publish the results of the Competition. Unless otherwise advised by the participant, by entering this Competition, participants agree to the Promoter publishing their name and image as a Prize winner on the UniSC website (usc.edu.au).