Scholarship applications are now closed
UniSC supports diversity in the higher education sector and recognises the rights of our lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) students to learn, live and work, free of prejudice and discrimination, with all the essential freedoms enjoyed by other members of our university community and broader population.
By providing financial support in the form of the LGBTIQ+ Leadership Bursary, the Sunshine Coast Pride Network aims to raise awareness and help members of the community position themselves for success, transform society for the better and enable them to be an inspiration to the generation that follows them.
Offered for the first time in Semester 2, 2019, the LGBTIQ+ Leadership Bursary provides financial support to LGBTIQ+ students enrolled in undergraduate or postgraduate program at UniSC. The bursary is intended to recognise the efforts of a current student who contributes to an inclusive culture and assists in promoting awareness and understanding of issues that may affect people of diverse genders and sexualities.
Please note: This bursary is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the bursary will not be awarded.
- identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, or queer* community (LGBTIQ+). * In this context queer is used as an umbrella term to describe people of diverse genders and sexualities
- undergraduate or postgraduate students enrolled in any program at any UniSC campus
- minimum grade point average (GPA) of 5.0
- Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder or Permanent Resident of Australia
- Selection criteria
- academic merit
- demonstrated commitment to promoting awareness and understanding of issues that may affect people of diverse genders and sexualities
- Eligible programs
- All programs
- Number available