Applications are now open for Semester 1, 2021.
Selections will be held in January/February with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by Friday, 26 February 2021.
Students commencing Honours study after completion of their Bachelor degree
The Forest Industries Research Centre (FIRC) Honours Scholarships are to encourage and support students commencing an Honours program, with a long term view to enter the research field. Scholarship payment will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date, once enrolment has been confirmed.
Please Note: This scholarship or bursary is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship or bursary will not be awarded.
- students commencing Honours study at USC
- enrolment in an 'end-on' Honours program (ie not an embedded Honours or Professional Honours program)
- students must have a supervisor from the Forest Industries Research Centre
- not already in receipt of a USC merit scholarship or a USC Honours or postgraduate Indigenous Scholarship for Honours year of study
- Selection criteria
- academic merit, based on GPA for advanced level courses undertaken
- research focus and potential alignment to a Forest Industries Research Centre research area
- intention/motivation for ongoing study/research and pursuit of a Higher Degree by Research (HDR)
- Eligible programs
- All programs offering 'end-on' Honours
- Number available
- 2 offered each year
A$4,000 per annum for up to one year of full-time study (comprising 96 units). Part-time students will receive pro rata payment, equivalent to the units of study.
- Forest Industries Research Centre (FIRC) Honours Scholarship Application (621 KB)