Applications for Semester 2, 2020 are now closed.
Selections will be held in July/August with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by close of business on Friday 28 August 2020.
Students commencing Honours study after completion of their Bachelor degree
The Forest Industries Research Centre (FIRC) Honours Scholarships are to encourage and support students commencing an Honours program, with a long term view to enter the research field. Scholarship payment will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date, once enrolment has been confirmed.
- students commencing Honours study at USC
- enrolment in an 'end-on' Honours program (ie not an embedded Honours or Professional Honours program)
- students must have a supervisor from both the FIRC and one of the FABL schools
- not already in receipt of a USC merit scholarship or a USC Honours or postgraduate Indigenous Scholarship for Honours year of study
- Selection criteria
- academic merit, based on GPA for advanced level courses undertaken
- research focus and potential alignment to a USC area of research concentration - USC Research concentrations
- intention/motivation for ongoing study/research and pursuit of a Higher Degree by Research (HDR)
- Eligible programs
- All programs offering 'end-on' Honours
- Number available
- 2 offered each year
A$4,000 per annum for up to one year of full-time study (comprising 96 units). Part-time students will receive pro rata payment, equivalent to the units of study.