To conduct world class research with collaborating industry, national and international partners to:
- improve the understanding of increasingly complex forestry value chains
- expand the knowledge of how the links of the value chain interact and how they can be managed to add value
- develop a clearer understanding of its place and impact within the broader forest value network which encompasses all the values of a forest
Our Expertise is in:
- optimised forest supply chain planning and management
- biomass/bioenergy supply chain systems and management
- subtropical forest and plantation management systems
- forest industry pest and disease management including biological control systems
- tropical and subtropical plantation species selection and breeding
- plantation and regrowth timber processing for engineered wood products
Researchers in Agriculture for International Development (RAID)
RAID is an Australian-based network of researchers involved in international agricultural research for development.
Australian Forest Operations Research Alliance (AFORA)
AFORA is an alliance established by the University of the Sunshine Coast with Australian forest industry stakeholders to continue the collaborative forest supply chain research established by the CRC for Forestry.
Forest Pest Management (FPM) Research Consortium
The FPM Research Consortium operate from the University of the Sunshine Coast Forest Research Institute, representing RDC forest growers, chemical companies & forest research interests in Australia.
FIRC collaborate with several research partners who are invaluable to our research.
Our members believe a multidiscipline approach is the best way to understand and identify value in these interactions.
FIRC provides exciting and rewarding research opportunities for Higher Degree by Research students, early and mid-career researchers, research fellows and our collaborating partners. Find out about our students, current research topics and opportunities to study with us.