Scholarship applications for Semester 1 2024 are now open and will close on 30 November 2023.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by close of business, 29 February 2024
The Queensland Hydro Scholarship will support full-time second year students enrolled in undergraduate engineering programs at the Sunshine Coast campus.
Queensland Hydro is a publicly owned entity established by the Queensland Government to design, deliver, operate and maintain long duration pumped hydro energy storage assets that will be the cornerstone for transforming the state’s energy system.
Queensland Hydro is currently investigating Borumba Dam, near Imbil, as a pumped hydro energy storage facility. A large and highly skilled team will be required to deliver the significant infrastructure project if the Borumba Pumped Hydro Project is approved.
The scholarship will be paid in $5,000 lump sum payments after the census date in semester 1 of the recipient's 2nd and 3rd year of their program.
Please Note: This scholarship is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship will not be awarded.
*Borumba local community is taken to mean students who live and/or reside within Division 8 of the Gympie Local Government Area, or who lived and/or resided within Division 8 of the Gympie Local Government Area prior to relocating for undergraduate study (postcodes available upon request).
**Borumba regional community is taken to mean students who live and/or reside within Gympie Local Government Area, or who lived and/or resided within the Gympie Local Government Area prior to relocating for undergraduate study (postcodes available upon request).
- continuing 2nd year student having successfully completed a minimum of 96 units
- enrolled full-time at the UniSC Sunshine Coast campus in a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil), Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical), or Bachelor of Engineering (Civil)/Bachelor of Environmental Science
- minimum grade point average (GPA) of 5.00
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder.
- Selection criteria
- academic merit
- financial need
- priority will be given to students from the Borumba local community* (specific locations within the 4570 postcode)
- a second order of priority will be given to students from the Borumba regional community** (all locations within the Gympie Local Government Area, which includes all locations within the 4570, 4580, 4600 and 4601 postcodes)
- if no eligible applicants from the Borumba local or regional community, students residing in the Sunshine Coast LGA will be considered
- Eligible programs
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil), Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical), Bachelor of Engineering (Civil)/Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Number available