Applications for Semester 2 2022 scholarships have now closed.
Applicants will be advised the outcome of their application by close of business on Friday 26 August 2022.
Students enrolled in second year of Mechanical Engineering
Weir Minerals Australia may offer current Scholarship recipients the opportunity to undertake work experience. These arrangements will be negotiated directly between Weir Minerals Australia and the student recipient.
WEIR Minerals Australia is an international and multi-national company. With a base at Coolum on the Sunshine Coast, the Weir Group employs around 15,000 people worldwide in engineering, minerals processing and global mining sectors. The scholarship is paid in instalments of A$3,000 per annum over three years.
Refer to the WEIR Minerals Australia website to gain further understanding of their business and the employment opportunities in the mining and minerals processing sector.
Please note: This scholarship is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship will not be awarded.
- full time 2nd year student (will have completed either 1 or 2 semesters of the program, depending on the start date)
- enrolled in the Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours)* undergraduate program
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
*Applications from students in the Bachelor of Engineering (Mechatronic) (Honours) may also be considered.
- Selection criteria
- good academic standing
Please include a short statement addressing the following selection criteria:
- demonstrable extra-curricular activities/interests in engineering
- commitment to participate in activities and other opportunities as presented by the donor
- interest or experience in fluid dynamics, especially in pump applications (preference will be given to applicants with interest or experience)
- interest or experience in mechanical design projects from concept to prototype development (preference will be given to applicants with interest or experience)
- Eligible programs
- Mechanical Engineering
- Number available
A$9,000 | A$3,000 per annum over three years