Applications are now closed for Semester 1 2022.
Female Indigenous students studying full-time in a course which includes a compulsory practicum
Zonta International is a worldwide service organisation of female executives in business and the professions working to improve the legal,
political, economic, health, educational and professional status of women. Founded in 1919 in Buffalo, New York, USA; there are now more than
27,500 Zontians in over 1,200 clubs in 63 countries and geographical areas. The name Zonta is based upon a Sioux Indian word meaning “honest
and trustworthy” and the emblem is a composite of Sioux Indian symbols.
The Zonta Club of Noosa was chartered in 1993, and since then has raised and distributed more than $650,000 to improve the status of women,
locally, nationally and internationally, including projects in conjunction with UNICEF and UNIFEM.
The Club has recently established the Indigenous Women's Bursary which aims to assist women pursuing undergraduate degrees in courses which include a compulsory practicum.
The Bursary is valued at $1,000 and will be awarded to the successful applicant at the Zonta Club of Noosa Dinner meeting each year.
Please Note: This bursary is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the bursary will not be awarded.
- Indigenous female students enrolled full time in an undergraduate program which includes a compulsory practicum
- Completion of at least 4 courses at the University of the Sunshine Coast (ie equivalent of one semester of full-time study)
- Receiving Centrelink income support (eg Abstudy, Austudy, Youth Allowance or are prevented from continuing study due to financial hardship)
- Passing grade point average
- Previous recipients may not apply
- Selection criteria
demonstrated intent to complete their degree
has provided or is likely to provide a significant contribution to the local community upon completion of study
- Eligible programs
- All Undergraduate programs
- Number available