Applications will open June 1 2023 and will close August 1 2023
The Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) International Scholarship provides a living allowance and tuition fees for high-quality higher degree by research candidates.
Scholarships are awarded through a competitive process which considers academic merit, research experience and/or potential. Priority will be given to students undertaking research in an area identified by UniSC as a research concentration.
International Round Dates
UniSC holds one international selection round a year.
Applications will be accepted up-to midnight AEST on the round closing date. Any applications received after this point will not be considered.
Scholarship applications will only be accepted during the round open period.
2023 opening times to be advised, 2022 dates shown below as an example
|Opens||Closes||Assessment||Outcomes Sent||Acceptance Due|
|1 June||1 August||September||12 November onwards||30 November|
How to apply
- Applicants must provide two referee reports to support their application.
- Referees must have knowledge of the applicant's qualifications, level of skill and capacity for research.
- Referees must not be future/current supervisors
- If you are applying through a professional experience pathway, at least one referee must be able to comment on relevant work experience
- Applicants must request their referees submit their written reports directly to UniSC using the Online RTP Referee Report Form by the round closing date.
- UniSC will not request these reports on your behalf. It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm with their referees that this step has been completed.
Read the HDR Scholarships - Awarding Guidelines prior to completing the application form. The guidelines provides details on the selection criteria and scoring matrix used to rank your application.
- Download and complete the Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship - International Application Form . Please ensure you download the form during the current round to use the latest version.
Prospective HDR applicants
Applicants must submit both a HDR program application and RTP Scholarship application by the round closing date if they wish to apply for a scholarship.
Attach the RTP scholarship application form as a supporting document to your online HDR program admission application via ApplyUSC.
Current USC HDR candidates
Students enrolled in or have already recieved their offer for admission to a HDR program at UniSC should email their RTP scholarship application form directly to email@example.com
For further information refer to the Research Training Program Scholarship Schedule of Conditions and Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship- Operational Policy.
Questions? Refer to the Research Training Program – Frequently Asked Questions for students
If you need assistance on how to apply, please contact UniSC Graduate Research School: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prospective Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) applicants will simultaneously submit an application into a HDR program at the University of the Sunshine Coast. To be successful in scholarship application, applicants will require a successful admission into a HDR Program.
Current HDR UniSC applicants will require an active offer or enrolment in a HDR program.
- Selection criteria
Higher Degree by Research Scholarships - Awarding Guidelines
AU$33 446.56 (2023 rate) per annum tax-free, paid in fortnightly instalments. The rate is indexed annually commensurate with the RTP base stipend rate. UniSC rate is the RTP base rate multiplied by 1.12 meaning UniSC recipients receive 12% extra above base rate.
International candidates will also be awarded a tuition fee offset scholarship for the duration of program. For further information, refer to the Research Training Program (RTP) webpage
Scholarship is awarded for 3 years with the possibility of two 6-month extensions in approved circumstances for Doctoral programs and 1.5 years with the possibility of one 6-month extension in approved circumstances for Masters programs. Stipend payments will cease upon submission of thesis.
For continuing students, periods of study already undertaken towards the degree prior to the commencement of the scholarship will reduce the duration of the award tenure.