Applications for Semester 2 2022 scholarships have now closed.
Applicants will be advised the outcome of their application by close of business on Friday 26 August 2022.
The Roberta M.C. Taylor Rural/Remote Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship will encourage study with a rural or remote focus.
Thanks to the generous donation from Roberta M.C. Taylor, USC is pleased to offer a scholarship in Rural and Remote Nursing and Midwifery for Honours, Higher Degree by Research or Postgraduate by Coursework students. Mrs Taylor has requested that the scholarship assists with capacity building in the area of Nursing and Midwifery in rural and remote communities across Australia, with a preference for Queensland and the Northern Territory, west of the Great Dividing Range. Mrs Taylor has expressed an interest in the student returning to a rural or remote area to provide Nursing/Midwifery care to their community.
This scholarship is available to:
- Australian or New Zealand citizens, and Australian Permanent Residents
- female students enrolled full-time or part-time in Honours, Postgraduate Coursework or a Higher Degree by Research in the area of Nursing and/or Midwifery
- Selection criteria
The preferred applicant will:
- be a commencing Honours, Higher Degree by Research or Postgraduate study and from a rural/remote area of Australia who will relocate to the Sunshine Coast to study Nursing and Midwifery at USC OR
- have completed the Bachelor of Nursing and/or the Bachelor of Midwifery at USC, and have completed a rural/remote placement and is undertaking USC Higher Degree by Research or Postgraduate Coursework with a rural/remote focus of study
- Eligible programs
- Honours, Postgraduate by Coursework or Higher Degrees by Research in nursing and/or midwifery with a rural or remote focus
- Number available
- one per annum