Applications are now closed.
The UBL Bursary aims to assist the growth and success of UniSC’s UBL teams by providing a financial bursary to attract, develop and retain quality student basketball players for both the male and female teams.
UniSport Australia is the peak governing body of university sport in Australia. The University Basketball League (UBL) is a student only competition that was founded by UniSport in 2021. The inaugural competition including 7 participating universities, including UniSC. In 2022 the competition will expand to include 11 universities with further growth expected in coming years.
The funds provided by Rip City Basketball and InsideOut Basketball will provide four (4) bursaries with a total value of A$2,500 each - two (2) bursaries valued at $2,500 to female UniSC UBL players and two (2) bursaries valued at $2,500 to male UniSC UBL players.
Scholarship payments will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date, once enrolment has been confirmed.
Please note: This bursary is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the bursary will not be awarded.
- full or part time student enrolled in any undergraduate or postgraduate program at UniSC
- a current or potential member of UniSC’s male or female UBL team as demonstrated by past participation in UBL or through state representation in basketball in the previous 5 years
- domestic and international students are eligible to apply
- Selection criteria
- basketball achievements
- demonstrated commitment to the basketball community
- financial need
- academic achievement
- Eligible programs
- All undergraduate or postgraduate programs
- Number available