Welcome to Myndset, a free service for young people aged 12 to 25 with or at risk of developing a severe and complex mental illness. Our aim is functional recovery, with you in the driver’s seat.
The Myndset team are mental health professionals. All are experienced at working collaboratively with young people. You get to set your recovery goals, and we will work alongside you.
Myndset offers evidence-based interventions and care-coordination support to address areas of life that include:
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Family supports
- Relationships and social interactions
- Basic life skills and everyday tasks
- Engagement in school, work
- Thinking skills such as attention, memory and learning.
Your first visit
This will be a getting-to-know-you visit. We will find out what’s happening and where you’d like to be. From there, we’ll work with you to reach your recovery goals.
On your first visit, here’s what to expect:
- When you arrive, head to our reception and check in.
- We’ll ask you to complete an intake form.
- Then you will meet your clinician, who will take you through initial assessments.
- Together, we can develop a plan to help meet your needs and reach your recovery goals.
- Your clinician will keep you updated on future visits and other support services.
Anything you say to the Myndset team will be private and confidential. If we need to share information as part of your treatment, we will always ask you first.
Referral to the program
Referrals to the program are via the PHN from GPs, headspace centres and Queensland Hospital and Health Services.
Appointments are with a clinical team who include social workers, a mental health nurse and neuropsychologist.
For more information, email us at email@example.com or call 07 5430 1191.
Myndset provides a no cost service to young people living on the Sunshine Coast or in Gympie who meet these eligibility criteria:
- Aged 12-25 years
- At risk of or experiencing complex or severe mental
- Disengaging from everyday life including family, school,
work or social activities
- Can be appropriately supported in a primary health care setting
- Able to consent to participate in the program
Myndset is supported by funding from the Australian Government through the PHN Program.