2021 Significant Dates
- 13 February - Anniversary of the National Apology
- 18 March - National Close the Gap Day
- 26 May - National Sorry Day
- 27 May - 1967 Referendum
- 27 May - 3 June - National Reconciliation Week
- 29 May - Torres Strait Islander Flag Day
- 3 June - Mabo Day
- 1 July - The Coming of the Light Festival
- 5 July - 11 July NAIDOC Week
- 4 August - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children's Day
- 9 August - World Indigenous Peoples Day
- 1 September - Indigenous Literacy Day
- 13 September - Anniversary of the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People
If you identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person, you may be given direct entry to a program.
Check out what learning spaces and resources are available to you as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student.
We've created a suite of programs that raise awareness among young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in our campus regions.
Learn about community support services, read the latest news, and find out about upcoming events near you.
Tel: +61 7 5456 5889
Email: Indigenous Services
USC Sunshine Coast campus
Buranga Centre: Ground floor, Building E, Room EG.33
The Buranga Centre Learning Space is staffed during business hours.
USC Moreton Bay campus
A number of learning spaces are available for students to engage with Indigenous Services Staff, Indigenous Academic Mentors, Drop-Ins (Elder, Career Trackers, Centrelink). Library space available 24 hours, 7 days a week via swipe-card access. Contact Indigenous Services for more information.
USC Fraser Coast campus
Buallum Jarl-Bah (BJB) Learning Space: Ground floor, Building C, Room C.1.05B
The space is available during campus hours for students as a place to study.
USC Caboolture campus
Buranga Hub Learning Space: Ground floor, Building H, Room H1.07
The Buranga Hub Learning Space is staffed during business hours.