In late December, we’ll be making important changes to UniSC’s Microsoft 365 systems, to bring your student accounts into the same ‘tenant’ as staff accounts. This means that from next year, we’ll be able to roll out easier sharing and collaboration between students and staff (using Microsoft Teams, for example), increased security, and a better digital environment for everyone.
Because of this work, there will be an outage of all student systems except USC Central and Sonia (including student email, OneDrive, the Student Portal, Canvas and Library databases) from Wednesday 27 to Friday 29 December. You won’t lose any data, but you won’t be able to log in or access your emails or files during this time.
What you need to know:
- Your email address and passwords will remain unchanged and will not be impacted by the migration.
- Any emails received during the outage will be securely stored and delivered once the migration is completed.
- When the work is complete, you’ll be able to log in and access everything as normal and shouldn’t notice anything different, unless you haven't changed your UniSC password in a while – if that's you, you'll need to reset your password before you can log in again. (You can also reset your password now to get ready.)
- The Student IT Help Desk will be here to help if you need.
What you need to do:
As soon as possible, please:
- Clear the deleted items in your UniSC student email account – follow this handy how-to guide.
- Remove any non-study related files from your OneDrive (such as personal music, movies or photos) as per UniSC policy.
- Lastly, please remove duplicate files from your OneDrive. Refer to this how to guide.
- Help us spread the word about this outage by telling others.
We know that most of you will be enjoying the holidays and not thinking about uni during the outage – but if you’re concerned about this, or have questions about what to expect, get in touch with Student Central or the Student IT Help Desk via 07 5459 4455.