This course introduces you to the practice of entrepreneurship and the entrepreneurial mindset. Topics include the entrepreneurial individual; opportunity recognition; viability screening for sustainable competitive advantage; first-mover strategy; risk recognition and risk reduction; intellectual property protection; lean startup and business models for new ventures. You will use these concepts to evaluate opportunities and business models, advise nascent entrepreneurs about commercialisation and start developing your own new venture concept.
- Enrolled in Program BU791
- MBA704 or MGT711
- Semester of offer*:
- Sunshine Coast: Session 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 3
- Tuition fee:
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA):
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.